Southern Girl Creations

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Beautiful share a yo-yo quilt / coverlet....

I just had to share this with all of you... Every year at my family reunion someone in the family makes a quilt.  The quilt is raffled off and we also have a craft store where everyone brings handmade items to sell.  The money from the quilt raffle and the store is put toward the expense of the reunion next year. 

Anyway...  Last year my mom and my great aunt decided to make one with yo-yos to be the item for the quilt raffle.  Technically it is not actually a quilt it is a coverlet I guess.  I can't remember the actual number of yo-yos that are on the coverlet but we believe there is over 30 yards of fabric that was used in making the yo-yos.  I think it is just beautiful and I am completely amazed at the amount of work that went into making all of those yo-yos.  Here are a couple of pictures.

1 comments:

Lil Miss Red T-Shirt said...

Retty!!! And it has a great vintage feel... fun colors.

Post a Comment