Southern Girl Creations

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Old Fashioned Gumball Machine Candy Dish

Every July we have a family reunion.  At the family reunion we have a craft sale where everyone brings their handcrafted items and sells them.  All of the sales go to pay for next years reunion. We rent a camp with cabins, pool, pond, cafeteria and lodge for 2 days and provide all the food.   It is loads of fun.  So, my next few posts will be all about what I have made to take to the reunion to sell. 

Today I made these gumball machine candy dishes out of a 4 inch terracotta flower pot and the dish it sits in, a glass bowl from dollar tree and a wooden ball.  I painted the flower pot and dish and the wooden ball all red with spray paint, glued the glass bowl onto the flower pot and glued the wooden ball on the bottom of the dish. 

~Sherry~

6 comments:

Netarie said...

Adorable. I can't wait to see what is next.

Anonymous said...

I would like to know what type/brand of spray paint was used. I have used acrylic paint.

slovelady said...

I just used Krylon spray, but I also lined the top with a thin layer of felt so the gumballs would never come in contact with the paint.

Anonymous said...

This is super cute! I'm not crafty, but this may be something I can try. Did you use a glue gun to glue the dish to the pot? Also, how did you get the 5 on the bowl?

slovelady said...

I used E6000 glue that you can pick up at walmart or any craft store(it takes a little while to dry but you don't burn yourself with the glue gun!) The 5 was cut out of vinyl with a pazzels machine but you can pick up any kind of sticker of a 5 or even paint it on.

Anonymous said...

How much did you sell these for?

Post a Comment