Southern Girl Creations

Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Smell of Christmas

I just love to have the house smell like Christmas... I whipped up some simmering potpourri yesterday for my house.  In the middle of the night last night it dawned on me that I could make these up as little Christmas gifts... 

Here is what is in each jar:
3 Slices of Orange
3 Slices of lime
3 Cinnamon Sticks
3 Bay Leaves
12 whole cloves
1 teaspoon of vanilla
enough water to fill the jar

If you didn't notice I am a multiples of 3's kinda girl... It's not rocket science so add whatever you would like. I attached a card with instructions to simmer

I even created you a label to use (minus my name). It is formatted to print on the perforated business cards or card stock for you to cut out, either one. I created it on the Avery website... Here is you aPDF file to download


Ta Dah...

Linking up to:

2 comments:

Cathy said...

How far ahead can you make these? Do you think it would spoil or mold?

slovelady said...

Cathy, I normally only make mine a few days ahead of giving them. once they start them simmering and you add water occasionally they will not spoil

Post a Comment