Southern Girl Creations

Friday, December 7, 2012

Reindeer Races

My church had the privilege of hosting a Christmas Party at a children's home this year.  I was placed in charge of the "Little Kids" Games basically 3 to 6 years Old.  I decided that we would have a bean bag toss and what I called reindeer races. 

You would not believe what I went through to find stick horses (because of course I was a little behind on schedule).. Anyway.. after calling Toys R Us they told me a store in my area had them.  I drove there and didn't find them.  Several employees told me that they didn't have them.  I finally found a gentleman that was nice enough to agree to go in the back and look for them.  I had the stock number and everything he needed. 

When I got the stick horses it was time to transform them into Reindeer.  I bought the reindeer antlers at Dollar Tree and replaced their bandannas with Christmas fabric.. I really think they turned out cute.


The rest of the game just consisted of a piece of masking tape on the floor about 12 ft long. Two at a time the children lined up on either side of the tape, ran to the opposite end and turned around and ran back on the other side..  The kids really got a kick out of it. 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment