Southern Girl Creations

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Week.. Day One

Thanks A 'Bundt'ch for all you do!

 
 
 
First let me say that I did not come up with super cute idea.. It came from here:  http://eighteen25.blogspot.com/2013/04/thanks-bundtch.html  . What I can take credit for is that I made my own mini bundt cakes and packaged them myself. 
 
 
 
The mini bundt pans are from Bed Bath and Beyond http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=112176  Don't forget that Bed Bath and Beyond will take even their expired 20% off coupons.. 
 
 
I used a 3inch circle punch to make the white paper circles that the cakes sat on in the box and to punch out the tags. 
 
You can use any type of bakers twine or ribbon to attach the tags. 
 
I made butter pound cakes with cream cheese icing and Devils food pound cakes with dark chocolate icing. 
 
I just filled the center of the bundt with the icing (ps.. I took the easy road on the icing and used Duncan Hines out of the can)
 
I tied one of each flavor together with the twine and added the tag. 
 
 
 
 
Here are the recipes for the pound cakes I made..
 
Butter Pound Cake
 
•1 pkg Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Yellow Cake Mix
 •1 (3.4 oz) pkg vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
 •4 large eggs
 •1 cup water
 •1/3 cup vegetable oil
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 for dark pan) grease and flour mini bundt pans. 
Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil in large bowl.  Mix at medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes and divide evenly into pans.  Bake at 350 degrees (325 degrees for dark pan) for 18 - 20 minutes (I used the cupcake timing on the cake mix box)  or until tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool in pan for 10 minutes.  Invert onto cooling rack until cooled completely.  I then put my can of Duncan Hines Cream Cheese icing into a gallon zip lock bag, snipped off a tiny corner of the bag an piped it into the center of the cakes.
 
 
Devils Food Pound Cake
 
•1 pkg Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Devil's Food Cake Mix
 •1 (3.4 oz) pkg chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
 •4 large eggs
 •1 1/4 cups water
 •1/2 cup vegetable oil

 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees (325 for dark pan) grease and flour mini bundt pans.
Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil in large bowl. Mix at medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes and divide evenly into pans. Bake at 350 degrees (325 degrees for dark pan) for 18 - 20 minutes (I used the cupcake timing on the cake mix box) or until tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto cooling rack until cooled completely. I then put my can of Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate icing into a gallon zip lock bag, snipped off a tiny corner of the bag an piped it into the center of the cakes.
 
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment